South Sydney Business Chamber (SSBC) is the voice of business in our area, which covers Redfern, Waterloo, Eveleigh, Darlington, Chippendale, Green Square, Zetland, Beaconsfield and parts of Alexandria and Rosebery.
These exciting inner south city suburbs are undergoing renewal to provide quality services and places for its residents. Green Square is considered to be the largest urban renewal project in Australia and it covers 278 hectares of land in Sydney’s oldest industrial area.
We provide a forum to facilitate business connections, exchange of ideas and development of views and positions on the issues affecting our members. We are a membership organisation, strengthened by the involvement of our members.
SSBC covers the geographical area defined;
- To the north by Cleveland Street (to City Road);
- To the south by Gardeners Road
- To the west by City Road and the boundary defined by Newtown Business Precinct Association (including Golden Grove, Wilson and Burren Streets)
- To the east by South Dowling Street
Our role is:
- To provide a unique voice and the means to build two-way relationships with critical Stakeholders, including all levels of government.
- Play a leadership role in building trust and successful partnerships with business and the community.
- Attract investment and provide access to new technologies, business practices and mentoring, to strengthen commercial capabilities in the area.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our specialty focus by strengthening indigenous participation in local commerce.
- Promote, educate and market who and what we are including how we have changed, to stakeholders from within and beyond our area, as a means of promoting local commerce and community benefits.